Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Fabric-a-brac Chantilly

Here's another one I finished a wee-while ago, the Colette Chantilly. The fabric I picked up at Fabric-a-Brac earlier this year, it was this gorgeous vintagey green cotton. 

It's gotten much too cold to wear this one lately, but I think it''ll come out of the closest again once the weather warms up.


I made a muslin and had to take out a fair bit of fabric at the bust area. It's pretty tricky to space out all the gathers but I'm not too fussed with how it all turned out. All in all, a nice dress but time will tell if it gets wear or not.



On the plus side, it goes well with the new(old) purple funkis clogs!


2 comments:

  1. beautiful dress! you should open a shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I've thought about it but haven't quite managed to yet.

    ReplyDelete