Monday 4 June 2012

Ironcef Champion!

I'd like to introduce you to the 2012 Ironcef champion.....me!

Each year my work holds an Ironcef  cooking competition where each team is allocated an ingredient and has to cook from it. Last year we got lemons and I made a lemon slice that came second so this year I felt needed to up my game.

Our ingredient this year was....*drum roll*.... chocolate! Now personally, I think chocolate is a tricky one to win a cooking competition on, so I knew I needed to do something that would really stand out. After lots of umming and arghing I decided on these delicious chocolate coverage orange peel from Smitten Kitchen.

These were in the fridge overnight as I was too busy eating and forgot to take photos on the day!

 There was some amazing competition (veal schnitzel anyone?) but I was so chuffed to be named winner.On the recipe itself, it was actually REALLY simple. Like put the orange peels in a sugar syrup, watch an episode of Game of Thrones, cool them down, dip in chocolate and then eat straight away place in container.

The Ironcef trophy!

Seriously. Make these.

1 comment: